Thursday, June 4, 2009

Content Specific Project

For my project, I will design a test that will integrate technology. This test will focus on a rocket launch that we will do as a class project, and then ask the students to analyze the data from a video recording of the launch. They will use Logger Pro to analyze the video, a very inexpensive program with a quick learning curve. The students will be familiar with this program from previous labs in class, so all should be able to successfully complete the test.
They will be required to recall information from our previous units and apply it the new unit. The test will review the skills from the Utah Physics Core Standard 1, and will test the new skills learned in Standard 2 objective 2, and Standard 4 objectives 1 and 2. Here is a copy of the test that I will use. I will expect the student to turn in their work, including the graphs made on Logger Pro! I will create a Power Point presentation of my final test, showing the work I did on each problem.

This project is an answer sheet of sorts for this take home test using the computer program Logger Pro. I would probably not show this until after the test had been administered, or perhaps as an example of a type of test that I might require of my students. It was helpful for me to go through the test and to see how much time it took me and to get an idea of problems that they may encounter.

I believe that this was a good use of technology, the technology will compliment what is being taught and really show their understanding of the content. It will test this knowledge in a way that is interesting and useful to the students, it is not an ordinary paper and pencil test. It allows them to explore and to come to their own conclusions in their own way. Overall I think that this is a good use of technology (TPCK).

1 comment:

  1. Good idea - however, I think for use with your students you might also want to include copies of the pictures they are going to analyze in the exam document so that it is easier for them to access. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!