Monday, June 1, 2009

Asynchronous vs. Synchronous

I used Skype and Facebook to send messages.  I preferred Skype because it felt more like a conversation and it was much easier to use.  I had many problems with facebook, I had to try to get it to work for a long time.  In the classroom, video messaging would be very useful.  Leaving a message for the class when I'm gone or for the substitute, or to video chat an expert in the field into the classroom and have a live discussion would be very useful.  Also, Jing makes it easy to show students how to do tasks on the computer, without trying to put the directions into words, this could be a great tool if I make a class website which they will need to be familiar with!  I am sure there are many more uses then I can even think of for these tools!


Here are the images of my asynchronous and synchronous video "chatting."

And here is a video of my Skype conversation with my younger sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!